Make a smart home on a budget in India 2021
One way to build your smart home is to buy lot of smart products—smart T.V., smart AC, smart geyser security systems and whatnot—and connect them all to a hub that helps them communicate with each other and with you, via your smartphone.
That will involve spending a lot of money and spending a lot of time on its research. And for many people, it will be hard.
If your wants and needs are simple and easy, just a few relatively affordable products will deliver most of the conveniences a high-end smart home can deliver, and on a much more affordable budget.
And if you make sure those smart home products are compatible with each other, you’ll build a solid base that you can expand over time. The key is to find out which smart home products don’t depend on a smart home hub to operate. While hubs offer they’re not always essential. One thing you must have, however, is a good wireless router—ideally one that can reach all corners of your home easily
Here some of the a few common ways you can build a hub-free smart home system.
Wipro Smart LED Bulb B22 9-Watt & Wipro Next 20W Smart LED
For many person interested in living in a smart home, lighting is the entry point.
Many smart lighting systems work perfectly without a central hub and are able to interact with other smart home elements.
Bulbs and tube lights from Wipro are best in the segment and trusted also. You can do lot of stuffs with this , for example, communicate over WiFi, you can change colors and give voice commands and do other stuffs too.
- Wifi Requirement: Requires a secured 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network connection
- Wattage : 12-watt, Voltage (VAC): 220-240V
- Create Scenes and Routines using Wipro App
- Control From Anywhere using Wipro app
- Voice Control : Alexa & Google Assistant
Also Check : Car tyre air pump for home
2. Smart Plug
Helea 16A WiFi Smart Plug
This device can literally convert all device into smart device
Helea 16A WiFi Smart Plug (Type M), for High Power Appliances (AC, Geyser, Motor, etc.)
A smart plug allows you turn any device like Fan, Geyser, Motor into a smart device
You first have to plug smart plug into outlet, then you put some other electric device to make him smart
You have to connect your smart plug your Voice Assistance (Amazon echo or Google assistance) or the smart plugs app. From there the smart plug turns the power supply to the item you plugged into it on and off using instructions you sent from an app or Alexa/Google and your WiFi network.
- High quality plugs with flame retardant body and surge protection
- Maximum Load: 10A
- Voice control: Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
- Control from anywhere using Helea Smart app
- Connect directly with WiFi router, No additional Hub required
3. Smart Speaker
Echo Dot (3rd Gen) smart speaker
These are most popular and bestselling smart speakers in the market, Smart speakers can connect to any other smart device say for example smart plug or smart light and then you just have to speak to your speaker turn on lights or turn off fan , you can also change songs, listen news just by giving them voice command.
- smart speaker with 360 degree sound
- Alexa can speak both English & Hindi
- Voice control smart lights or your existing AC, geyser, water pump, using smart plug
- With 4 microphones, Alexa can hear you across the room.
- Stream millions of songs from Amazon Prime Music, Spotify, JioSaavn, Apple Music
4. Security Camera
Mi Full HD WiFi Smart Security Camera
Smart Security camera means that it can connect to Wi-Fi and supports voice assistance rest all other features are same that a security camera used to have.
This Mi security camera is the best smart security camera at very affordable rate, it records 1080p full HD pictures, supports infrared night vision, it has 130 degree viewing angle and also work with Alexa, best home security camera in India in 2020.
- Works with Alexa
- Advanced AI motion detector reduces false alarm
- Two way voice communication
- Wi-Fi modes: 2.4GHz, 5GHz
- Intelligent detection
- Record 1080p full HD video
- 130 degree ultra wide angle lens
- 10 m ranged infrared night vision
Also Check: Best selling latest TWS earbuds India
5. Wireless Router
TP-Link Archer C6 Gigabit MU-MIMO Wireless Router
Well there are many other more cheap router but they will provide very slow internet speed with a very little coverage, this is the best affordable router which will give you good speed with a large coverage area
You can easily setup it with your phone, it also has parental control by which you can limit the usage, also you can block URL so your child have safe web search.
- Simultaneous 2.4 GHz 300 Mbps and 5 GHz 867 Mbps
- 4 external antennas and one internal antenna
- 2x efficiency by communicating with up to 2 devices at once
- Gigabit Ports – speeds can be up to 10× faster
- Easy setup
- Support One Mesh function
- eliminate WiFi dead zones and create a WiFi connection
Reasons We Need a Smart Home
Increase in safety features is one of the main reasons that people want a smart home. You can set timer when to turn off lights AC’s or smart lock so, you don’t have to check everything when you leave for work .You can also use your phone to turn off forgotten connected appliances so you can avoid major consequences.
Smart home features always increases the safety of your house or office whether it is checking who comes your house in your absence or getting alerts when something is amiss.
Smart Home technologies such as smart Geysers, smart lighting, and smart devices connect to a centralized control that can act according to you or be programmed to control electricity consumption and increase savings that too on a budget.
Also Read: Solar Light For Home
You can automate a variety of regular home tasks and create an environment perfect smart home environment on a budget whether it is using lighting to wake up or creating a distraction-free home office by using the video doorbell to answer the door, home automation mean increased productivity, and saved time.